|—||Donna Vivino, Queen of My Soul (via ghostweasel)|
Dyin’ Ain’t So Bad, Cassie Okenka (Bonnie understudy)
November 13th 2011 Matinee Performance
Wicked | First National Tour | February 24, 2013
Cassie Okenka as Glinda Upland u/s
"No One Mourns the Wicked" Optional High Note
This is the best friend a person could ever have.
The last one is the best, hands down.
im in one of those periods in my life where i cant focus on anything i cant finish an assignment i cant listen to one song for more than 5 seconds i cant sit through a tv show episode i cant finish a book i cant write a story
all i can do is stare blankly at the wall and wish i had something to do but everything i could do or want to do is just supremely unsatisfying
SOMEONE PUT IT IN WORDS THANKS YOU
Hey kids this is a symptom of depression
My dad and I made this fishtank for my mum for Christmas a few years ago with dollhouse furniture. I thought it was pretty rad
i cant believe your mom is a fish
IT’S BEEN A YEAR
Alex Brightman & Garett Hawe Explore Broadway Flea Market
I’m late adding this, but here are my goodies from the Wicked table at the 2014 Broadway Flea Market:
- Alli Mauzey’s Galinda Shoes
- Galinda’s purse
- Galinda and Elphaba’s letters
- Original cast playbill signed by Stephen Schwartz
- Photo card signed by Kristin Chenoweth
- Fiyero’s note to Elphaba
- Used makeup signed by Christine Dwyer
- Two pairs of gloves
Elphaba Act I vs Elphaba Act II
Okay, this is kind of a weird choice for an audio post, but this 9 minute stretch highlights some really great moments in this show.
It starts with Fina willing the cup to tip over and ends with the scene after My House.
Why? Well, there are some awesome moments I want people to hear even if they don’t bother getting the full audio.
- Fina’s ferocity with willing the cup over.
- Sean’s “newt in my knickers!” howling. This man is hilarious.
- Fina’s interesting sense of timing with “I moved it with my eyes…am I strange?” and “are you poor?”
- Alison killing every note of My House.
and, if you’re only going to listen to a brief bit of this, make it this bit:
- Fina being completely amazing with her realization about Miss Honey’s life and urging her to confront her aunt. I had literal goosebumps during this scene - it was so intense and so heartbreaking, and Alison’s despair is so audibly evident, too.